Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Uh oh, kinda late, but it's ok right?

Sorry haha, I had originally wrote this post on Sunday but I had forgot to publish it. Hopefully this doesn't translate into how I hand in my assignments.

Anyhow, let me tell you about my impressions of these first few weeks (Because I was told to, and thank god I was, otherwise I wouldn't know what to write). Personally, I've taken programming courses in High school, in both grade 11 and 12, extensively learning about java and other programming concepts. Seeing that python is a relatively simpler program so far what we had learn wasn't anything new. I've previously already learned about inheritance, between super-classes and sub-classes. It did take some getting used to as some of the terms are different (eg. Parent-Class vs. Super-class, self vs. this).

Furthermore I have notice that many other individuals from CSC108 are still having trouble understanding the implementation and benefits of classes. I was just like them after grade 11 computer science. It took a good month in grade 12 computer science to fully understand classes and use them effectively. (Shoutout to Mr. Burns, you rock!)

Although, in grade 12 computer science, we went through recursion very quickly and although I understand the concept, it's difficult for me to implement with great ease. Hopefully just like classes in grade 11, I can effectively learn recursion and master it this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment