Wow this week went by hella fast! Time flies when you're having fun I suppose. Anyways assignment 1 was loads of fun to make. It was a bit hard to get started because the assignment was initially very vague so we had to design our own classes and how they would interact. Personally I found that it wasn't the coding part that was difficult, but more so when you have partners. I was in a group of 3 and we had different ideas of how the classes should interact with each other, so it was difficult to coordinate and align our code together. Next time, we're gonna start planning specifically for each class and then start coding once all the planning is set in stone.
Now for recursion, it was pretty fun, definitely a lot of brain power was required for it. I found that tracing recursion was a breeze, however thinking about our own recursive functions was definitely difficult. I wasn't even able to finish the recursive function for the lab! For those who don't know, a recursive function is basically a function the calls itself to resolve a command. In a physical sense, it's almost like painting a wall. Paint() is going to paint the entire wall, but it's going to call itself within the function to paint smaller portions of the wall so that in the grand scheme of things everything is painted. Hopefully that made sense because it sounded a lot better in my head. I can't wait to learn more about recursion in class, especially since right now it's my weak point. See you guys next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment