Friday, 27 March 2015

Welcome back TAs

Yay the strike is over, unfortunately it took me until today to realize that my sLog entries are still being marked nonetheless so that was a mistake... But for this post I'll try to make it extra long to compensate for the 3 slogs that I missed!

Anyways regarding the week where the assignment was due, conceptually it wasn't a rough assignment but it was just difficult to get the program to work in general. Especially when my group and I started working on it only a couple days prior to it being due. So yeah, lesson learned, even if you're busy, you gotta spread out the variety of the workload. For that project everything else worked well except for the minimax class. Even though the minimax class is worth roughly 45% of the mark, I think we'll pass at least?

Now regarding the week of the second term test, to be fully honest, I feel completely unprepared for that test, it wasn't because of the course, but rather due to my own study habits. Ever since the strike began, I've lacked a lot of motivation to even complete the labs on the CDF website. Nonetheless, the test wasn't too bad (thanks to the cheat sheet and the massive amount of cramming), but due to my recent laziness, I can tell that I'm going to need to spend a lot of time trying to catch up in my studies

Alright, so the week didn't go as planned, I did not work on comp sci at all. Due to an illness in the family, I've been in an even greater motivational slump. I've essentially done zero work all week for any of my courses and completely stopped going to class for CSC148. Although I do wish my prof would post more content online, to help me catch up on what I've missed. Even more so since she hasn't posted any class content on the website since March 16th. Although, looking at Heap's slides do help a lot regarding content on efficiency. I can't wait to get my groove back and work on learning program efficiency concepts and finally have a TA for once to guide me through the struggle that is CSC148!

No comments:

Post a Comment